15 June 2008

Helvetica


I recently have splurged and got a netflix subscription. I have never been a fan of programs that recommend items to you, but the netflix one is pretty good. Without it I would have never found, quite possibly, the greatest documentary ever made: Helvetica. When I saw the title, I immediately added it to my queue without even reading the description. And yes, it is ALL about the font. Not only could every gray-haired Western European interviewed be any relative on my dad's side, but they all understood my idea of aesthetic, which I thought was quite impossible to describe. Anyways. Go see it.

1 comment:

Taina said...

We had a Helvetica show @ MoMA months ago and sold so many of the dvd and book. It was overwhelmingly popular. It makes me happy that you liked the dvd! =)